The Columbia Home and School Association (HSA) is a not-for-profit 50l(c)(3) volunteer organization serving the school district of Maplewood and South Orange. The HSA’s mission is to support the advancement of academic excellence and equity, encourage community engagement, facilitate communication, and create a safe, supportive, and enriching environment for students and faculty. Membership is only $25 per family, and we welcome and encourage all families to join us.
CHS HSA membership dues fund many initiatives, including:
- Essential Monday morning e-blasts with all the news and reminders you need for the week ahead;
- HSA website with key dates, helpful links, and resources to help you navigate the school year;
- CHS Directory with at-your-fingertips contact information for classmates’ families;
- Food Truck Festivals, featuring live music performed by CHS’ own talented students;
- Homecoming, Winter Formal, Midnight Madness, and other fun activities and enrichment programs;
- Appreciation events for faculty and staff, e.g. back-to-school breakfast, fall tea, and spring luncheon;
- Beautification projects throughout the school building and grounds;
- Cougar Cares assistance for students/families in need, including help with senior prom & graduation costs;
- Ninth Grade Preview Night and new-to-SOMSD family orientation; and much more!